-Serving the Greater Portland Area-
Hi! I am Michelle. I believe in a woman’s strength and intuition in childbirth, and her right to make informed decisions surrounding her birth. With the birth of my son three years ago, and with my current pregnancy, it has been especially important for me to surround myself with people who believe in my strength, who help me make informed decisions, and who trust me to do so. I look forward to giving back to you and your family what was and is given to me – bringing these beliefs to your chosen birth setting, with compassion and without judgment.
Pregnancy and childbirth are beautiful times in a woman’s life, and miraculously normal. My hope as a doula is that I can help you and your family feel empowered, informed and nurtured through the daily miracle of childbirth.
My service includes:
- 2-3 prenatal visits
- 24-hour on-call support beginning 2 weeks before your estimated due date
- Continual physical and emotional support throughout labor and childbirth
- Breastfeeding support
- 1-2 postpartum visits
- Phone and email support for up to 6 weeks postpartum
- Referrals to any necessary services or information you may need
- $100 on-call fee
- $400-600 sliding scale for appointments and labor support
- Total = $500-700 sliding scale
Note: Because I am expecting my second by the end of April 2013, I will be taking maternity leave from doula work beginning mid-March. If your due date falls after March 15, 2013, I will be unavailable to attend.