Admissions and Graduation
- How do I enter the midwifery program and when does it start?
- How do you decide who gets admitted?
- I do not have a high school diploma - can I still attend your school?
- What is the difference between graduating with the degree and the certificate?
- Why do you have prerequisites?
Classes, Credits, and Training
- Can I do my clinical training out of Oregon?
- Do matriculated students get preferential course registration?
- What is the difference between core, supplemental, and elective classes?
- Why dont you use the term Apprenticeship to describe clinical training?
- Can I count a transferred class towards both my General Education and Midwifery program requirements?
- Do I have to complete the General Education requirements for the degree before admission to Birthingway?
- Do you offer General Education courses at Birthingway?
- I already have a Bachelor Degree. Do I have to complete new courses to meet the General Education requirements?
- The General Education requirements are so broad! Can you just tell me which classes I should take?
- What are the General Education requirements?
Out of State/Distance
- Do you have a distance or online program?
- I want to practice in a state other than Oregon. Can I go to your school?
- I want to practice in another country. If I graduate from your school, will my credentials be valid there?
- Can I transfer Birthingway credits to another school?
- I already have some births/clinicals. Do I still have to complete the same number of new births to graduate?
- I attended college in another country. Can I transfer my courses?
- I have already studied midwifery at a different school – can I transfer my classes?