Scholarship Labor Doula Program FAQ
- 1. What does the scholarship cover, and what are my financial obligations to the program?
- 2. If I am accepted into the program, what are my obligations as a scholarship recipient?
- 3. What is the length of the Labor Doula workshop?
- 4. How long does it usually take to certify?
- 5. How do I find clients? Does Birthingway provide referrals?
- 6. I have attended several births already with women in my traditional community. Can I count those towards my 8 required births?
- 7. What constitutes a “traditional community”?
- 8. Am I eligible for the Scholarship if I lived most of my life immersed in another culture that was not my own and am fluent in that culture’s language (additional to English) and I wish to serve as a doula in that culture?
- 9. Am I eligible if I have married a person from another culture, whose language I am fluent in (additional to English) so I can serve in that culture?