How to Apply and Eligibility Requirements
To begin the Financial Aid process at Birthingway, you will first need to complete a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a free, federal application that will need to be completed every year you wish to receive financial aid. Each FAFSA covers the federal award year, which runs July 1 through June 30. Please contact our Financial Aid Coordinator if you are unsure which FAFSA year to complete. Birthingway's FAFSA deadline is May 1st of each year for continuing students. It is recommended that incoming students have their FAFSA complete by December 31st in order to receive a financial aid award letter with their enrollment packet.
Check out this Five Minute FAFSA video for an overview on how to complete the FAFSA and the type of information you will need to report.
You will need to enter Birthingway’s Federal School Code 036683 to ensure your FAFSA is flagged for Birthingway.
To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must:
- Be enrolled in Birthingway's Certificate in Midwifery, Bachelor of Science in Midwifery and/or the Associate of Science in Lactation Consultation program.
- Demonstrate financial need (except for certain loans) by completing a FAFSA
- Have a high school diploma, a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or equivalent. To learn more about this requirement and recognized equivalent of a high school diploma, please check this out.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, and have a valid Social Security Number.
- Register with the Selective Service, if required.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Please see Birthingway's current Student Handbook and Catalog for our SAP policy.
- Certify that you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant.
- Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
Life Learning Portfolio credits, audited courses, and non-credit courses or workshops are ineligible for student aid.
To learn more about our financial aid process, check out Birthingway's Financial Aid Roadmap.
Financial Aid during Summer Term
Summer financial aid is not packaged automatically. In order to be considered for aid during summer term, you must:
- Complete the FAFSA by May 1.
- Submit the completed Birthingway Summer Aid Application by May 1.